Friday, November 13, 2009

Potato Salad

Quick! Easy! Delicious! My sister purchased these little little potatoes and had been putting off using them. Such cuties shouldn't be used for mashed potatoes anything like it that takes the appeal of their size. Being hungry and not in the mood for scraping together random findings in the refrigerator, I decided (even though my sister is out of town this weekend - SORRY!) to make a potato salad.

At my family's Thanksgiving and Christmas, one of my aunt's makes her famous potato salad. I've certainly felt the rush of the holiday season these past few days. While my seasonings are different than my aunt's, I still thought of her while making it. Can't wait for hers!

I came up with the seasoning on my own and will admit it turned out better than expected.

These are all approximate measurements.

1 lb little potatoes
1 tbsp Dijon mustard (mine was slightly heaping - it's so good!)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (the one my sister has is really sweet)
1 big clove of garlic, finely chopped
2 big leaves of fresh basil, finely chopped
1/4 tsp sea salt (heaping - again!)
1/4 tsp black pepper

1. Boil the potatoes.
2. Combine seasonings.
3. Slice potatoes in half.
4. Mix together, be sure to evenly coat potatoes.



Look at their name, so cute!



Be sure to mix this well. Definitely looks gross, tastes amazing.



Do you know how cute you are?



Look at the fork, ready to dive in!



Wouldn't be complete without a glass (my favorite!) of water. Mmm, garlic.

1 comment:

  1. I love the simplicity of this dressing. Balsamic vinegar is so darn flavorful, you really don't need tons of other ingredients. I also like how there's not so much craziness going on that you can't taste the potatoes.

    I wish I had a bowl of this (topped with sea salt, bien sur) next to me right now.

    ReplyDelete